Friday 7 November 2014

Natalya Renik

Research into Natalya Renik

I was researching documentary photography of older people, due to this being my main concept from now and i came across this website (http://vjic.org/vjic2/?page_id=2424). The post was an essay exploring how aging is represented in documentary photography. This lead me to research this particular project further and i loved how she photographer the older generation. 

The images i am showing below are images from a project called 'Days with my father'.
The images to me were so moving. In goes through images of a old man and in the end there is an image of chair he was sat in, in a previous image, but this time the chair was empty im not sure if the man died but to me it was pretty evident that he had. Images like this to me is so hard hitting. I am going to show the images below.






I love the way the images look, i think the colors really work and i also love how the images don't need to be completely lit to portray the message i think this is something i am going to carry through to my next photoshoot. I want to use natural lighting so it doesn't look set up, so its more natural to the eye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment