Thursday 7 November 2013

Evaluation

Evaluation


At the start of the project i wasn't entirely sure what direction i would go in and i didn't have much of an idea about what street photography was but through research i started to discover more about it and it lead me in certain pathways.

Watching a short clip about Bruce Gilden was the thing that really started to inspire me to strive to be more outgoing with this project. I found myself being quite reserved when taking photos of strangers in the start of the project and i noticed that by the end i was a lot more confident and i think watching Bruce gilden in action in the clip, watching him not care what people thought and not be afraid to stand his ground if he needed to really empowered me to do so.

My final outcome to me does meet the requirements for the brief. I have captured in my own way human interaction on the streets there really isn't a way you can go wrong in this project as long as you are capturing human life in the street as it is happening, i believe my five images perfectly capture everyday human life and i am extremely happy with the way they came out.

One thing that i feel i could have done a lot better is choosing the location in which i took the 7 shoots. I feel like i stayed in the same location far too much and that i could have gone out a lot more, maybe to larger cities or different towns. I feel this way i could have got a larger range of different cultures in my photos and with that maybe more interesting images. 

I could definitely improve my work if i had spent a lot more time on my photographs when enlarging them. There were some photographs that i though could have benefited from manipulation like dodging certain parts because they were geting too exposed compared to the rest of the image. But having said that i do like the effect that can give on images sometimes and it hasn't ruined my photographs in any way. 


Through this project i do believe i have developed greater people skills/social skills. Street photography has forced me to take photographs of complete strangers and in some case actually talk to them and communicate, a lot of the time just to avoid any heated situations. This definitely chucked me in at the deep end and this was one of the main factor that made me more confident in taking photos leading to better and better outcomes with each shoot. 

This assignment was very challenging in that it was a completely new topic, something i had barely if at all heard or been told about. I had to research a lot to be able to understand the concept, to then lead to me having a go myself. I did like the challenge aspect of this project it makes you strive to achieve greater things so you can beat the difficult aspects of the challenge itself.

Overall I feel for a first project this was really good. It wasn't extremely difficult to understand and follow but it was challenging enough to get you interested in giving it a go. If i was to go back and do the project again i think i would have tried to be much more outgoing with this project and strive to get closer to the people i was photographing in order to achieve better images than i have already got. 



No comments:

Post a Comment