Tuesday 29 October 2013

Sunderland trip and digital shots.

Trip to Sunderland:

So today my group, myself and my lecturer Antony went for a trip to Sunderland to look at a gallery and a museum. Although half of the class didn't show or alternatively just couldn't find us we still had a productive and interesting day after meeting at half 10 at Sunderland train station we went of to the gallery we had a brief break for a pub lunch at 12 then we went on to the museum after this we had finished a little earlier than i thought we would so myself, Courtney, Elle and Lauren decided we would catch a later train home and do some shoots around Sunderland just so we weren't photographing the same scenery in hartlepool all of the time. I didn't bring my 35mm camera but i did bring my DSLR and i also brought my fish eye lense to see what effect i could achieve with that. The result of the shoot is bellow now i will talk about each shot briefly but as a whole i do really like what effect the fish eye has on the street photography it makes it look more unusual and different. I think if i was doing this project using a digital camera this would be the style i would definitely follow.
The pictures below are also in the order i took them and i have edited them all the same, by converting them into black and white and adjusting the contrast and brightness depending on how bright or dark the image was.


The thing i like most about this photo is how you can see my shadow on the man. Showing me in my work. This is one advantage to the fish eye lense.
I also like how the high contrast works on this image. 


This is another image where my shadow is cast into the shot because of my lense, It's also super contrasted.

This is just a shot of the street as we were walking up it. You can see elle in the side of the shot. Because i was using a fisheye lense 


This is a shot of a bus stop that i took as i was passing in the street, I noticed some older ladies climbing onto the bus 


This was one of many shots i took in Wilkinsons. We were stood near the pic 'n' mix section and i just took a random burst of photo's of the people that were near me.


The same applies for this image as the last one.


This was a shot i took whilst waiting in the que. The women in front of me was stood rather still so i instinctively took the womens picture. Lauren is in the shot because of the wide angle on the fisheye lense.


This is another shot of a bus stop i took whilst walking back up the street. Similar shot to the last bus stop shot but i prefer this one as i am closer to the subjects i.e. the pedestrians entering the bus and also sitting waiting for another bus. 


This is another far away shot, i was just taking a photo of the street.


A closer shot this time. I got closer to the people in the previous shot by speeding up whilst i was walking. Even though i was pretty close it still looks like i am far away because of the lense i used.


This shot and the remaining shots are from the outside of Cafe Nero. We all sat there as we were waiting for out train and we decided to get a coffee. We thoughts as we were drinking our coffee we may aswell use the opportunity to take more shots so we sat outside even though it was really cold. This shot is just a shot of the view i had and was the first shot i took at this location. 


As well as taking shots of people i took the opportunity to take a shot of Courtney and Elle, I managed to get Elle taking a photo at the same time and i just liked the look of this so i thought i would include it in these images. 


This was a different shot and is the start of the shots that aren't using the fish eye lense. I realised people were way too far away for me to capture them from the seating position.  For this shot i made sure my Cafe Nero cut was in focus and the people in the background weren't. 


This is one of a few shots were i zoomed into the person as much as i could and i really liked the cropped affect.

The same points apply for this shot as the last one.


I really like how the only person in focus is the women in the middle and people closer and further away than where she is stood aren't in focus.


This is another one of the zoomed in shots i like how the man fits perfectly into the empty space on the wall/shop front in this. also his walking stick fits perfectly with the lines on the wall and window displays. 


This was the last shot i took as i was going into the train station i saw the women to the right of the shot walking towards me so i knew i could get a good shot of her face from this angle i did get a bit of a word from her but i just pretended i didn't hear it and hoped for the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment